INTRO TO REVIT | Seattle
This 7 week course introduces the concepts and skills necessary to present custom modeled, drafted and rendered objects and features for interior design projects. Revit commands and features are used to create a detailed 3D single story room or building and 2D drawings communicating a custom design concept.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Create floor plans using the Revit software.
- Modify walls using the tools available to define a wall structure, doors and windows for the creation of a floor plan.
- Create custom design ceilings and soffits.
- Create lighting fixtures and RCP’s using IES profiles.
- Utilize labeling details in plans.
- Create elevations and sections showing details and design aspects.
- Use appropriate line weight standards.
- Create custom 3D masses.
- Place custom furniture and casework in plans.
A laptop and mouse is required for this class. If you have a Mac, you will need to download Windows in order to run the Revit program on your computer. Detailed instructions for installing Windows on a MAC can be found here CNET or The Verge. Prior to the first day of class your instructor will send information on how to download the free Revit software.
Obtain a fundamental understanding of Revit Architecture as it relates to Interior Design.
Obtain the skills and technical knowledge required to model, draft, and render small projects.
Proper and timely completion of class projects, which demonstrate effective use of knowledge is required.
Fridays, 2:15pm – 4:15pm / $499 – Coming soon!
Introduction to Revit and User Interface
The Revit Library
Materials and Lighting
Displaying a Model