ADVANCED AUTOCAD | Denver
This 6-week course builds on the skills learned in the Intro to AutoCAD course. Students will learn to draw advanced floor plans, elevations, lighting plans, electrical plans, and furniture plans. By the end of the course students should be proficient using AutoCAD.
Week 1 – Floor Plan Template, Layers
- Create a drawing template to be used moving forward
- Set up layers
- Create walls, doors, windows of final project floor plan
- Add trim work to floor plan using commands (line, group, copy, move, mirror, rotate)
- Draw out kitchen plan per pre-established kitchen layout
Week 2 – Appliances, Electrical, Furniture
- Add appliances to kitchen per pre-established kitchen plan
- Create lighting/electrical plan for the home using commands (copy, move, rotate, mirror, and spline)
- Create furniture plan including area rugs using commands (circle, array, line, offset, copy, move, fillet, hatch)
Week 3 – Elevations, Dimensions, Groups
- Draw out elevations using commands (line, offset, fillet, join, insert, copy, move, mirror, group, etc.)
- Dimension elevations.
Week 4 – Presentation Details
- Paper space
- Edit title block
- Create drawing set
- Print to PDF
- Assist with any questions regarding the final project.
Week 5 – Final Project Preparation
Week 6 – Final Project Presentations
Fridays, 10:30am – 12:30pm / $545
Winter: February 22 – March 29, 2019
- Laptop computer and 3 button mouse required – Click here for laptop system requirements
- Software will be provided.
- Powerpoint slides for each topic will be provided.
Prior to the first day of class, you will receive information on how to download the AutoCAD software for students.
Kitchen designed by Hannah Hacker